Tuesday 8 December 2015

Christmassy preparations


I have been doing some Christmassy faffing, collecting, gathering, painting, glittering and prettifying. Having a nice time! We have my family coming to stay for Christmas this year so we are hosting for the first time (AHHHHH) and I am taking my decorating duties very seriously indeed. 


I love getting the decorations down from the loft and unpacking them, remembering all of the precious treasures collected over the years. Last year I made some dried orange slices and they still smelled lovely and christmassy a year later!



This year I'm aiming for neutral colours on the tree, lots of white and natural browns, bronze and gold. (Well that's the idea - if I don't get distracted by pom poms and glitter....)


I used some of the greenery that I gathered from mum and dad's garden (and some local foraged foliage) to make a simple winter wreath (made on the sitting room floor in front of the Great British Throw Down)







I made a simple wire ring and then twisted in holly and eucalyptus. 













I'm pleased with how it turned out, simple but rather beautiful. 






I had an idea to make some sort of garland to hang from the mantelpiece so I threaded together some pinecones, feathers and little wool tassels. 







I have also been making some very simple tree decorations - some white painted pinecones and white and gold dipped leaves.







Now I'm very excited about getting our tree! More decorations coming up....!

4 comments:

  1. Such lovely Christmas faffing! Your blog is lovely too - beautiful images and words - I've been reading through the archive, such a calming place to spend time reading and day dreaming. Now I feel like I'm stalking you, but in the best possible sense : - ) {@tending.to.vanish}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tilly! That's very kind of you:)And not stalking at all, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous post and photos. Your whole blog is beautifully photographed with some lovely ideas to make. Like Tilly says it's a very calming website. I should be on my way to bed but I got lost in your posts! Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for your lovely comment. I'm so glad you've enjoyed reading my blog! x

      Delete